Tuesday 17 July 2012

I dont like Blogs.

Hey guys,

As some of you may know I have been on a "Journey" over the last 4 months to change my life around, I have always been the "heavy" guy and have never been happy with my body and the way I look, so in March this year after a rather worrying visit to my doctor I decided that it was time for me to stop messing around, to stop being OK with being unhealthy and fat and to start getting fit and hot :).

I now needed a plan of action, I decided that if I was going to do this and if I really wanted to achieve something I would need the correct assistance and the correct Lifestyle, So I headed off to my Dietitian Diedre Lideque, who gave me an eating plan that would probably be the hardest part of this little Journey, you see eating is 70% of the problem, the way we eat in modern society is actually really scary and we make way to many excuses for it, I had to stop doing this and start being real with myself.

Then came the physical side of things, I needed a Gym plan I needed some routine to follow, naturally I had a look on the web, I looked through all of the Men's Health mags I had lying around, none of it was really inspiring nothing really made me want to get fit, I wanted something more I needed motivation, then while paging through my brother in-laws Triathlon mag I found what I wanted, I wanted functional training, I wanted a complete lifestyle change, I wanted the good body and the muscles and to have a goal. I knew that I needed a challenge to get there.

I decided to take up the Men's Health Belly Of Challenge I had to take a before Picture and then a picture every Wednesday for 12 weeks, Its rather embarrassing but it keeps you on track and you get really motivated when people can physically see your progress, I really thought I had a chance at making the top ten after losing 19kgs in 12 weeks, putting on substantial muscle mass and dropping 3 pants sizes, but sadly I didn't, this was actually a bigger motivator I think, than if I had won. I started doing trail Running, something I never thought I would be able to do, I always had all of the same excuses, but I just decided to do it, I have done over 5 Trail running events and I still hate running :). I have a very well rounded gym plan and am still consistently losing Fat.

While doing the Belly Off Challenge I enjoyed exercise and the Human Body so much that I decided to study Personal Training, I wanted to learn for myself in detail what we are capable of doing and how to encourage others and to educate others to change their lives.

I am currently studying at the Institute of Fitness Professionals at The Design Quarter, It has been such an amazing 4 months and has taught me many things, Most Importantly that it all starts in your head, if you learn to push yourself with your brain then you will learn to push your body to crazy lengths, and most of the time you will be amazed at what you can do. You need small manageable goals and a couple that scare you.

That Is the point of this blog, I am going to post my challenges and my progress and keep posting a picture every Friday until I get to my goal, its a great way to motivate myself and hopefully a way to motivate others.


Men's Health Belly Off Challenge 12 week Pics

9 comments:

  1. Wow Michael, we are really proud of what you are doing. Your progress is incredible, and you are self-motivated and focused, which is wonderful to see. Go for it Mix! Will you be continuing to post progress pics on a weekly basis with the stats? We think it will be a very good idea.
    You have inspired us to get off our backsides and get into shape.
    By the way, don't think that this means you and Ryan will beat me at tennis in December, ha ha.
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, thanks.

      Yes I will post weekly on a friday, maybe not with stats but with different info and things that heppened in the week, it will all probably be specific to the triathlon training for now, glad I have motivated you.
      we will detroy you pops.

      love you.

      Delete
  2. well done Michael - proud of your willpower to continue

    ReplyDelete
  3. You a legend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Mike!!! We are so proud of you.... YOU GO MIKE!!
    What an inspiration...... Lots of love Mom & Robby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude... The first pic to the last is insane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your achievement is absolutely amazing. Keep at it bro, you inspire me and many others. We can change our lives for the better. See you at the pool or at a trail run soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) keep going Miks!! we're proud of you!

    ReplyDelete